It took some time, but now that I have it, it was worth the wait. I designed and had custom made through Pro Sound a bag for my Nomad by Kortwich. So far I think it's the nicest bag I've ever worked with.
The Nomad compartment is wide enough to perfectly fit the IFB antenna on a right angle SMA connector without putting any strain on the antenna.
On the left side is a pocket with my NP-1 cup in the bottom, and a spare NP-1 in behind it. The cable passes into the wireless compartment internally.
There are zippers on both sides that allows the bag to open up in the center providing easy access to the XLR plugs on the Nomad, and a cable opening between the sections of the bag to keep all the wiring inside and clean.
On the right side is a clip for my headphones.
In the front there is a utility pocket with pencil holders and space for general BS. Next to that is a small pocket that holds my BDS and camera hop transmitters when required. The cabling to this pocket also runs inside the bag through a cable opening in the bottom.
I've been using my Sennheiser G3 wireless as camera hops to send reference audio into camera for syncing, playback, and dailies quite often recently. They work great.
I just made myself a new line input cable for the TA3 outputs of my SD 552.
I used a single core from a multi channel Mogami snake, and housed it in a flexible plastic weave sheathing. This is the first time I've used the REAN mini XLR connectors with the water proof boot. The boot isn't too bulky, which is nice, and the assembly was very easy. You have to cut of the back if you want to fit larger diameter cables.
On the other end I used a Neutrik right angle 3.5mm plug. I thought I would try out the right angle in hopes that I would have less strain and stress problems on the connector, and I can tape the cable to the body of the transmitter as extra strain relief. In the past I've used the locking 3.5mm connectors that the G3s are designed for, but my recent ALEXA input cable for my G3s broke after two films this summer. Having the connector sticking straight up makes it prone to a lot of stress when on the side of the camera.
In addition to the line input cable, I also made a new ALEXA input cable. For this cable I used Mogami W-2893, which barely fits into the right angle 3.5mm TRS, with some modification of the strain relief chuck. A Neutrik 5pin XLR on the other side, and a velcro tie to clean up the instal on the camera.
We sometimes get so caught up in the act of doing, that even though we've finished, we are still doing. I was sitting in the bar the other night and a commercial I worked on recently came on tv. I watched the commercial without sound, then went right back to sipping my beer.
That got me thinking.
Every day I get caught up in doing the things I do. Once they are done, I involve my self on the next thing to be done. When I see completed projects air, it pulls me out of the next thing, and gives me appreciation for what it is that I'm doing every day.
I'm currently in the early stages of designing a new layout for my website.
It's been a long time coming, and will be a long time in the process.